About The Role
We deliver the best IT platforms and provide operational excellence to the business. As part of a very dynamic and driven team, you will be working with cutting-edge technologies.
As we rapidly expand, we’re incorporating a blameless team culture and mindset, with decisions made as a tight-knit team. This role is part of the team focused on delivering the IT operational strategy of becoming a cloud-first thinking department and possess the ability to offer high-level technical expertise.
We’re looking for someone with a genuine passion for Tech. This role is demanding, but we have bags of fun achieving our goals.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
With a focus on implementing new solutions, your team will champion platforms stability and robustness; driving continuous improvements to the current cloud and on-prem platforms to ensure stability, resilience, and security at the forefront of everything we do.
You’ll be translating highly complex issues to non-technical members of staff or 3rd parties, so communication is key.
You’ll be involved in making choices for the delivery of new platforms and systems. As a valuable team to the business, our opinions and ideas matter, so you’ll need a can-do attitude and a whole set of fresh ideas.
A Few Things About You
You might have experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Delivering the business’ infra needs; Requirement gathering, designing, proposing, implementing and ongoing guidance.
- Building and owning AWS Infrastructure, for example, VPC/EC2/S3/SES/LB/ASG and scripting skills such as PowerShell/Python.
- On prem Hyperconverged solutions, (for when cloud is not an option). Solution examples are Nutanix, VMWare.
- Storage capacity and performance management. IOPs, bandwidth, tier arrays, backups.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape