About The Role
We're in search of a skilled and motivated IT Platform Engineer to join our online retail team at AO. In this role, you'll take charge of designing, implementing, and maintaining our IT infrastructure, which powers our e-commerce platform, warehousing, and delivery operations. Your mission? Ensure our systems are rock-solid, scalable, and secure, delivering an unmatched online shopping experience for our customers.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
At AO, you'll dive into a dynamic tech role where collaboration is key. You'll team up with various departments to craft scalable IT infrastructure designs, from servers to networks. Rock-solid reliability and quick disaster recovery? That's in your wheelhouse.
As a systems whiz, you'll keep watch over server performance, troubleshoot, and manage upgrades while adhering to change processes. Security is a priority - you'll ensure our systems comply with top standards. Embracing the cloud's power, you'll optimize services, deploy them for our online retail magic, and handle peak demands smoothly.
Plus, you'll rock tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Terraform. Teamwork is the name of the game, working closely with colleagues across the tech spectrum for seamless integration. Projects needing infrastructure support? You're there, offering your tech wisdom. And last but not least, you'll keep our tech world organized with thorough documentation. AO's tech adventure awaits!
A Few Things About You
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as an IT Infrastructure Engineer or similar role in an online retail or e-commerce organisation.
- In depth understanding of IT infrastructure components, including servers, storage systems, network devices, and virtualisation technologies.
- Proficient in managing cloud services and resources.
- Relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Strong knowledge of networking principles, protocols, and security (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, firewalls).
- Familiarity with server operating systems (Windows, Linux) and administration tools.
- Experience with monitoring and performance tuning of infrastructure components.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, order management systems, or inventory management systems. (Desirable)
- Understanding of web application architectures and load balancing techniques. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, Bash) for automation and infrastructure management. (Desirable)
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.