About The Role
You'll manage our exceptional People Services Team, ensuring a seamless delivery at every stage of the employee lifestyle, from onboarding to exit.
Can you foster a positive workplace environment while driving HR excellence? then this is the perfect role for you!
Leading the team in setting SLA's you'll take the reins on accountability, reviewing progress and tacking any hurdles that may hinder successful goals!
We're on the lookout for someone with a continuous improvement mindset who can partner up with our People Services & Analytics Manager, you'll be the change maker, identifying and implementing tweaks were necessary.
You'll make sure the team adheres to both regulatory and company policies always ensuring meticulous compliance with GDPR in the handling of AO's people data.
Sounds great right?
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Manage, develop, and motivate the team, holding 121’s and setting objectives
- Ensure team activities are carried out accurately, efficiently, and effectively
- Be AO’s People Services subject matter expert, being well-versed in our procedures and policies
- Monitor costs and expenses assisting in budget preparation and management
- Support wider People Team projects, salary reviews, people system maintenance
- Be the team escalation point solving problems and resolving conflicts
- Influence and challenge AO stakeholders
- Work with Reward and Payroll teams ensuring a free flow of information, alignment of data and activities
- Manage Subject Access Requests, ensuring completion in legal time frames
- Ensure AO remains safe and legal in relation to right to work documentation and background checks
- Work with AO's SM&CR Fit and Proper Committee members to discuss high risk cases
A Few Things About You
- Experience in a People/HR role or as Administration Manager
- In-depth understanding of people/HR/departmental procedures and legal policies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to track multiple streams for different stakeholders
- A team player with proven leadership skills
- Proficient with MS Office
- Has managed/developed/motivated a team
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!