People Services Coordinator
About The Role
The People Services Team here at AO is responsible for administering and coordinating activities for AOers (our employees) throughout the employment lifecycle. You will proactively deliver a people administration service across all business locations, supporting the wider People teams (L&D, reward & recruitment), AOer’s, and line managers with People administration support across the whole AO life cycle.
As our new People Coordinator, you’ll join our diverse family alongside a team of animal lovers and keen jet setters!
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You will proactively deliver a people administration service across all business locations.
- You will also be a key point of contact for all people queries, managing the people inbox/ticketing system in order to meet SLA’s.
- Ensure that all employee details are recorded accurately across starters, leavers and as AOer’s move within our people systems.
- Onboarding new AO’ers into the business being the first point of contact as an AOer starts their journey
A Few Things About You
- Experience working in an HR / People Services environment
- Evidence of building good relationships with colleagues and key contacts across the business
- Familiarity with using business systems such as Word (including mail merges, document control, and tracking changes, Excel (including formulas and logic), and ideally, a people system or similar enterprise system
- Understanding of the provisions of the GDPR and their applicability to the People Administrator role
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.