About The Role
Working in collaboration across operational management teams, you will use your broad experience to provide effective, value-adding people business partnering along with driving continuous improvement. Developing and delivering people initiatives aligned to strategic business priorities, operational needs, and functional direction, creating a best-in-class AOer experience.
As People Partner you will provide support and insight to strategic and operational business and people planning activities. Being a contributor, promoter, influencer, and facilitator, ensuring a brilliant people experience is a top priority - it’s in everything we do!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Build strong working relationships across the management teams working collaboratively to enable a strength based, high performance culture
- Enable line manager development, through formal & informal learning and commercially focused support and problem solving that generates their self-confidence and progression
- Support Managers to deliver best in class resourcing and on-boarding, ensuring the experience of joining puts new AOers and the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Use employee engagement metrics and reporting to help Managers to identify issues and actions for continuous improvement
A Few Things About You
- Always consider the bigger picture, observing connections, probing and asking ‘why?
- Demonstrate the ability to understand data and information quickly. Use information, insights and your knowledge to identify options and make recommendations
- Able to use common sense and knowledge to solve problems, recognising limits of personal experience and knowing when to ask for help.
- Building a reputation as a reliable source of support
- Make time to get to know individuals, listens to and builds understanding of their skills, interests and motivations, to work together effectively
- Demonstrate determination, resourcefulness and commitment to deliver the best results
- Act with integrity, impartiality and handles emotive issues with sensitivity
- Promote a learning approach to decisions and activities
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.