About The Role
Working in collaboration with our operational logistics management team, you will use your broad knowledge of the business and how decisions are made to provide effective, value adding people business partnering and drive continuous improvement.
Delivery of people plans aligned to the business strategy, delivering a best-in-class AOer experience.
This role will contribute to the formation of truly high performing teams, with the customer at the heart of all decisions made.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As People Partner you will provide support and insight to support strategic, operational and people planning. Being a contributor, promoter, influencer and facilitator for our ever-developing group functions and processes
* Build strong working relationships across the management teams working collaboratively to enable a strength based, high performance culture
* Enable line manager development, through formal learning and commercially focused support and problem solving that generates their self-confidence and progression
* Support Managers to deliver best in class resourcing and on-boarding, ensuring the experience of joining puts new AOers and the customer at the heart of everything we do.
* Use employee engagement metrics and reporting to help Managers to identify issues and actions for continuous improvement
* Support Managers to create and deliver improvement plans in key people areas such as engagement, managing for performance, retention, and absence management.
* Contribute to discussions around people capability requirements to define and deliver functional development plans that evolve how we work
* Support the implementation of change by working with and listening to managers to ensure shared understanding of the rationale behind the change and what needs to be done; bringing to life the impact that the changes will have on the business area and AOers.
* Be the expert to advise on common people issues and risks, supported by data, analysis and judgement. Making recommendations and creating acting plans, escalating more complex issues to senior colleagues.
A Few Things About You
- Experience working as a business partner or senior advisor to operational managers
* Broad professional HR knowledge balanced with commercial application
* Interested in how businesses function and understands the part they play in its success
* Ability to interpret risks and opportunities into development plans
* Can quickly establish trusted relationships with operational managers
* Good listening skills, resilient and able to influence others
* Experience contributing to delivery of change projects
* Understands the value of data and insight and can tell the story
* Able to self-manage, effectively plan and prioritise and make it happen at pace
* Has ambition, energy, and determination to succeed
* Understands the challenges faced by others and makes themselves available
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.