About The Role
Our AOers are the nuts and bolts of AO. Here in the People team, it’s up to us to create a brilliant people experience - it’s our priority in everything we do.
As a People Partner, communication skills will be your bread and butter. You’ll be influencing decisions, facilitating workshops, and making sure our culture is always at its best. We’ll also look to you to support leaders across the business with their own development as well as those around them.
You’ll report directly to Mark, our Lead People Partner. He has a great sense of humour and is typically found around our Bolton office solving problems. We love to collaborate across the entire business, but we also recognise the importance of a work-life balance so you’ll split your time between home and our Bolton office
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Building strong and credible relationships across the management teams, working collaboratively to enable a strength-based, high-performance culture
- Enabling our line managers to be the best they can be, through learning, commercially focused support, and problem solving that generates a high performance
- Coach, guide and support our management teams to deliver a brilliant AOer experience, from attraction, joining, and all the way through to talent management - ensuring the AO experience puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- Using data and insight to help Managers identify opportunities and develop initiatives that drive value for our customers
- Working collaboratively across the full people team to create a brilliant AOer experience
- Getting stuck in and having a passion for continuous improvement to truly make a difference
A Few Things About You
- Makes time to get to know individuals, listens, and builds understanding of their skills, interests, and motivations, to work together effectively
- Considers the bigger picture, observing connections, probing, and asking ‘why’?
- Demonstrate the ability to understand data and information quickly. Use information, insights, and your knowledge to identify options and create impactful solutions
- Down to earth, using common sense and your knowledge & experience to solve problems, quickly creating a reputation as a trusted partner
- Demonstrates determination, resourcefulness, resilience, and commitment to delivering the best results
- Acts with integrity, and impartiality and handles emotive issues with sensitivity
- Promotes a learning approach to decisions and activities
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.