About The Role
Here at AO, no two days are the same and this is certainly the case in our fast paced and highly visible People Partner maternity cover role! You’ll use your experience, commercial ‘know how’ and business understanding to provide effective partnering - supporting, coaching, influencing, challenging and generally getting stuck in to support high performance across our contact centre and operational teams.
You’ll develop and deliver local people initiatives, enabling a best-in-class colleague experience, which is our priority and in everything that we do!. Using data and your insight you’ll support across workforce planning, engagement, performance and all the way through to local talent management and succession planning.
We know we work better when we're together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Building strong and credible relationships across the management teams, working collaboratively to enable a high performance culture
- Enabling line managers to be the best they can, through your coaching, guidance and support to deliver a brilliant colleague experience and generate high performance
- Through your commercially focused support and problem solving develop initiatives which ensures our customers our at the heart of everything we do
- Using data and insight to help Managers identify opportunities and develop initiatives that drive value for our customers
- Working collaboratively across the full people team, supporting business wide activities
- Having confidence to push boundaries and work alongside the business areas to truly make a difference
A Few Things About You
- You’ll be a good listener making time to get to know the teams and departments, building your understanding of their skills, interests and motivations, to work together effectively
- You’ll be adaptable, always evolving and delivering projects at AO Speed
- Ability to consider the bigger picture, always observing, listening, being curious and asking ‘why’
- Be able to understand information quickly and make data led decisions, using the insight and knowledge to identify options and create solutions
- You’ll create a reputation across the business as a trusted partner, able to influence at all levels
- Results driven, with determination, resourcefulness, resilience and commitment to delivering the best results
- You will always act with integrity and impartiality, handling emotive issues with sensitivity
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!