About The Role
You will proactively deliver timely and accurate people data, measures, reporting and insights through professional analytical support to create a firm foundation for the work of the People Team.
You will be instrumental in shaping the future data provision; making sure that people data and reporting are fit for purpose, managed within agreed governance and fully meeting the needs of AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Gain a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of the people data and analytics requirements across the whole business (UK and international), becoming a point of reference for the People team.
- Provide accurate and timely data and analytical support to enable the People Team and wider business to make informed decisions.
- Drive improvements in the quality and availability of people data using appropriate tools, business processes and system standards.
- Use various data visualisation techniques to present data and make actionable recommendations for continuous improvement around the people experience for all AOers.
- Work with colleagues in Shared Services, Centres of Expertise and Business Partners to identify and prioritise data and reporting requirements to support the delivery of business strategy.
- Support the People Team with delivery of annual calendar/ business as usual activities and project roadmaps.
- Work collaboratively with partner teams (ie IT) to deliver the most appropriate solutions to meet the business need.
A Few Things About You
- Strong advanced excel skills.
- Numerate with strong analytical skills.
- Systems orientation and aptitude. Logical thinker with strong understanding and appreciation of databases, their architecture, integration and landscape and how data is managed and transformed into actionable informative insights.
- Experience of working on data/systems projects is essential.
- Able to apply an analytical consulting approach to problems to shape solutions
- Resilient, tenacious and detail conscious
- Ability to build strong professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Willing to continuously learn and apply this learning to day to day work
- Exceptional focus on delivering for the customer
- Self-starting team player who lives AO’s values
- Hands on experience with a data visualisation tool (ie PowerBI, Tableau, Qlikview) is preferable
- Familiar with data warehouse and ETL concepts is preferable
- A HR/People background is not essential. Experience and skills could have been gained in any area of a business
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.