About The Role
A really exciting opportunity has come up in the People Service Delivery Team at AO! We are looking for a keen People Coordinator to join this fast growing team. In this role you will proactively deliver a people administration service across all business locations; supporting the wider People teams (L&D, reward & recruitment), AOer’s, and line managers with People administration support across the whole AO life cycle.
The People Coordinator position will be a key point of contact for all people queries, managing the people inbox/ticketing system in order to meet SLA’s. Triaging any queries received and using judgement to ensure the case is managed in the best way possible and by the appropriate teams, focusing on the customer experience always.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Managing AOer's data, ensuring that all employee details are recorded accurately across starters, leavers and as AOer’s move within our people systems.
- Manage uniform for AOer’s, time and absence activities and co-ordinate training sessions whilst supporting the team with all other ongoing activities and people projects.
- Accurately prepare Contracts of Employment and manage related processes.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to ensure smooth processes.
- Liaise with payroll ensuring the information is correct and within deadlines.
A Few Things About You
- Phenomenal attention to detail.
- Experience of working in an HR / People Services environment
- Familiarity with using business systems such as Word (including mail merges, document control and tracking changes, Excel (including formulas and logic) and ideally, a PEOPLE system or similar enterprise system
- Understanding of the provisions of the GDPR and their applicability to the People Administrator role
- Excellent written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- The ability to follow processes accurately and consistently
- An ability to maintain focus when completing routine tasks
- Ideally you would have previously worked within a shared service environment or a busy people / HR / recruitment department
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.