A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
A rare new opportunity to join the People Department as a People Business Partner has arisen. The role is to provide effective, value adding People business partnering. Leading and managing the development and delivery of value adding and fit for purpose people plans, aligned to the overall people strategy.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Work in collaboration with the leader of your function and other senior leaders in their teams. Provide support, coaching and challenge to deliver actions that’ll drive people and organisation performance.
- Develop and integrate the people strategy into business units and support delivery of the group people initiatives.
- Work with people services to ensure effective hiring strategies; ensure teams are recruiting for the future as well as the now.
- Provide the framework and facilitate talent mapping and succession planning. Ensure key roles are resourced with great talent, future leaders developed, career paths supported, and succession/capability risks understood and managed.
- Develop and champion high performance culture across the business unit. Coach, influence, up-skill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers to provide continuous goal clarity, feedback and development.
- Ensure the right capabilities, frameworks and ways of working are in place to deliver.
- Organisation design, for area including evaluating operating models and executing planned changed whilst managing people risk
A Few Things About You
- Able to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Act as a visible and impactful change catalyst
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Innovative and curious, willing to question the status quo and learn.
- Commercial and the ability to provide the case for best practice Vs best fit using insight and expertise
- Able to influence and negotiate across all levels, building networks internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Great delivery management: gets stuck in to the detail, creates energy and mobilises others (with and without direct line authority) to deliver against goals and projects, ensuring work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Self-sufficient and proactive
- Self-starter able prioritise own workload
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in approach and seeks out feedback to grow
- Pro-active and flexible in approach to work
- Team player within own teams and across AO people community
- Able to motivate, coach and lead
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.