A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Provide smart, value adding People Business Partnering to AO senior leaders. Leading and managing the development and delivery of value adding and fit for purpose people plans, aligned to the overall people strategy, delivering a sustainable high-performance culture, underpinned by AO’s values.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Work in collaboration with the Managing Directors their teams through coaching and challenging to deliver actions that’ll drive people and organisation performance.
- Be Bold. Develop and integrate the people strategy into business units and support delivery of the group people initiatives.
- Work with the Central Talent team ensure effective strategies; ensure teams are seeking AOer’s with digital skills for the future as well as the now.
- Facilitate agile talent and succession planning solutions. Ensure key roles are resourced with great talent, future leaders developed, career paths supported, and succession/capability risks understood and managed.
- Develop and champion high performance culture across the business unit. Coach, influence, up-skill and encourage senior leaders to provide clear direction, and line managers to provide continuous goal clarity, feedback and development.
- Ensure the right capabilities, frameworks and ways of working are in place to deliver.
- Organisation design, for area including evaluating operating models and executing planned changed whilst managing people risk
- Innovative data led ideas and recommendations that are right for the business and AOer’s, that would make your mum proud.
A Few Things About You
- Able to deliver in a fast paced environment
- Act as a visible and impactful change catalyst
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly
- Innovative and curious, willing to question the status quo and learn.
- Commercial and the ability to provide the case for best practice Vs best fit using insight and expertise
- Able to influence and negotiate across all levels, building networks internally and externally with key stakeholders
- Great delivery management: gets stuck in to the detail, creates energy and mobilises others (with and without direct line authority) to deliver against goals and projects, ensuring work is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Self-sufficient and proactive
- Self-starter able prioritise own workload
- Good interpersonal skills, confident in approach and seeks out feedback to grow
- Be Smart, Pro-active and flexible in approach to work
- Team player within own teams and across AO people community
- Able to motivate, coach and lead
- After all of this come to work and have fun with the rest of the AOer’s in the AO world
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.