A Bit About Us
At AO Recycling, we’re committed to extracting as much value as possible from the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) that gets thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company that likes to think big. Our new plant in Telford, Shropshire is state of the art and able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK and this is where the role will be based.
More About the Role
Reporting into the Accounts Supervisor and joining the existing finance team of 4, this position is based in our Telford office and the successful candidate will be fully responsible for the Wages function for our business.
This is a hugely varied role and would really suit someone who has previous Payroll and Accounts experience and who is looking for a challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Processing of Weekly wages for 160 staff, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Administration of Time and Attendance System.
- Timely weekly reporting- wage report for weekly finance pack.
- Liaison with HMRC regarding payroll matters e.g. Tax Code, SMP, SSP.
- Prepare documentation for all payroll payments.
- Cashbook, posting of sales including bank reconciliations.
- Preparation of supplier payment runs for presentation to Finance Manager.
- Post of receipts ensuring all unallocated cash is allocated as quickly as possible
- Processing of Purchase Orders ensuring processes are adhered to by the wider business- ensuring controls are robust. Reviewing and resolving open orders and orders received not invoiced.
- Processing Purchase Invoices
- Matching Purchase Orders to Purchase Invoices and resolving any discrepancies.
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to resolve any outstanding queries.
- Establishing a purchasing/buying process to include approved supplier list and obtaining 3 quotes/prices
- Ad hoc administration requirements
- Providing Sales Ledger and Credit Control holiday cover when required
- Process refinement and development
- Ad hoc tasks including month end.
- Audit, Year end and half year end tasks as per Finance Manager
A Few Things About You
- Previous Wages and General Accounts experience is essential
* Excel skills are essential (e.g. Lookups, Pivots, Sum ifs)
* Can-do’ positive attitude and being able to take full ownership of tasks
- * Demonstrate sound initiative and good time management to complete tasks. Utilises time effectively to meet deadlines
- * A strong communicator, with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Strong attention to detail
* Experience with Sage 50 payroll or similar is essential
* Confidence to challenge existing processes and methods, constantly striving for efficiencies and improvements
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.