A Bit About Us
In AO Business we go to great lengths to provide better value for businesses. We’re experienced in working with a variety of different industries giving advice on the right products, delivery to suit the schedule of our clients and business services to meet their needs. We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen.
We are at the start of our journey, with growth ambitions to rival that of the retail business. The successful candidate will join a team of self-motivated and driven individuals to ensure we succeed in becoming the supplier of choice for our customers.
More About the Role
At first glance AO Business and ao.com seem quite similar, but they’re worlds apart. Our product range is more diverse and the needs of our clients more varied. We want to do with the B2B market what ao.com did to the online retail market, challenging the norm to find a better way of doing business.
For our next big trick, we’re going to shake the foundations of the UK’s housebuilding market - bringing the AO way of working to a new-build site near you!
We need a motivated, organised, personable and ambitious individual to be central pillar for all things housebuilder - from forming relationships with site managers, to liaising with internal teams to ensure we deliver the AO service every single time.
This a new adventure for AO business, and we have a lot of learning to do along the way. We’re looking for someone with the drive and talent to roll up their sleeves and get the job done, so a can-do attitude is a must!
- The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the house builder support team based at our Head Office in Horwich, Bolton
- Salary £23,000-£26,000
- Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:30pm
- You will be supported by our comprehensive induction and ongoing training with our wider team
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Managing the day-to-day tasks of the house builder support team
- Ensuring orders are placed in line with site call-off plans
- Liaising with the regional house builder sales team
- Building internal relationships with supply chain, operations, logistics and finance
- Taking inbound calls, answering order queries, order processing and booking in deliveries
- Managing orders for multiple sites and contacts
- Organising and prioritising workload
- Working with excel spreadsheets
- Holding meetings and communicating with the wider business
A Few Things About You
- Motivated and passionate with a desire to deliver an exceptional service
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Comfortable with all MS Office applications, including MS Excel, Outlook & Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication & customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to change and a desire to learn new processes
- Bold enough to suggest better ways of working
- High attention to detail
- Very organized with the ability to use own initiative
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.