About The Role
You will work closely with our site Depot Manager, on a daily basis to make sure that our Outbase runs smoothly and that each and every one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be the main point of contact for our Self Employed Drivers and be responsible for the effective management of the transhipping and delivery of appliances
Shifts - 4 on 4 off 40.25 hours per week Days shifts
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Outbase Supervisor will oversee the operation including our team of Drivers and fleet of vehicles. You will live each of our values in everything you do will be an ambassador for customer care and delivery quality. You will supervise the loading and unloading of products, your aim to make sure every product is ready for delivery in first class condition to each of our customer’s. You will ensure all of our vehicles are road worthy, legal and compliant and you will work alongside our Quality & People and Development team to ensure your outbase is supported and maintains our company values. Your daily tasks will include:
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Regional Manager and Head Office on a daily basis.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the Outbase are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training that they have recieved to provide a safe working environment for everyone
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Self Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads.
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
- Training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety
- Team Briefings on a daily/weekly basis
- Engagement activities
A Few Things About You
You will be the type of person who is able to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive our performance in the right direction, paying careful attention to the service we deliver for our customers. You will be enthusiastic and driven towards achieving high standards of quality and be bold enough to make key decisions quickly and trust your own judgement in the running of the operation.
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Management of teams
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution or Warehousing environments
- Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
- Able to remain calm and focussed under time pressure
- Able to solve problems independently and with confidence
- Able to communicate effectively especially by email and phone
- Has a logical and methodical approach to all tasks
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Strong communicator
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."