About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plastics recycling plant at Stafford Park, Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology to separate plastics from our fridge processing site, ready for reuse in other products.
We are growing rapidly (this role is due to growth) and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
The Operative Admin will work as part of a small team, reporting into the Team Leader, working closely with the FLT drivers to ensure the recycling machinery bulk bag stations are changed, and working closely with the Team Leader to ensure all required stock administration is completed accurately and the site is organised and tidy.
You will work with high levels of quality and performance whilst maintaining the Health and Safety culture, working as part of a team. With the transition to online retail, the operation must be flexible to growing volumes, managing these effectively and delivering awe inspiring results on a daily basis.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Reporting to the Team Leader, delivering KPI’s through smart working.
* Output materials bulk bag stations are monitored, replaced diligently and capacity is optimised
* Ensuring a continuous process with no downtime
* Working to time deadlines
* Using the correct manual handling techniques in line with Health and Safety training
* Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
* Other general warehouse responsibilities
* Ensuring that quality department have correct material samples
* Ensuring process is maintained to avoid any backlogs and downtime
* Take pride in keeping the environment tidy, smart and ready for customer/VIP visits
A Few Things About You
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK permanently and without restrictions. We are an inclusive and diverse business, celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual; in fact we believe this makes us stronger. Our recruitment mirrors this.
It is important that our colleagues can work together with other team member and can stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You need to be smart enough to work independently and be trusted with the tasks you are given. You also need to be bold enough to report any issues and be passionate about delivering operational excellence. There is plenty of opportunity to progress so with the right drive and determination you can develop your skills and progress to other positions within our business; at AO we’re keen to invest and develop talent for the future.
Key knowledge and skills for the Operative Administrator (Operations):
* Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment is desirable but not essential.
* Able to complete manual handling within strict Health and Safety guidelines
* Experience of working under pressure or to deadlines
* An understanding of handling stock or stock management is desirable
* Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
* Good communication
* Working as part of a team and on your own
* Housekeeping responsibility - ensure all areas are improved/maintained
* Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude
* Reliable and self-motivated
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established and growing business, building on the current successes already delivered in a short time within the Operations function.
Education and Qualifications:
* Good written and spoken English
* FLT licence advantageous but not mandatory
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 28 days holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.