A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager at our new Plastic Processing Facility and to join a rapidly expanding recycling company.
This is a great opportunity to run, grow and manage a world class and state of the art plastic processing facility which separates fridge plastic polymers into their individual components, using specialised sortation techniques.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
To plan, direct and control the Plant Processing Teams and to ensure Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality, Volumes, Productivity and Cost Objectives are met.
To manage and have overall responsibility for all Operational Plant Process and site related activities, to ensure optimal performance of all the teams through effective line management, focusing on KPI’s
To be responsible for maintaining and improving as necessary the quality of product’s, volumes and the working environment
Work closely with the Engineering function to maximise up-time of the plant ensuring maximum Operational Productivity
Ensure all necessary HSE Objectives and legal obligations are met.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Enforce and maintain the Company Health & Safety Policy, ensuring the health and safety of all employees is a priority, built on strong SSOW.
Meet all compliance and legal requirements, whilst having a clear understanding and adherence to company policies across the team in relation to site operations
- Training & Development, focusing on promoting multi skilling within the teams
- Monitor & maintain key performance indicators (KPI's) ensuring the plant runs cost effectively and to the highest levels of productivity,
- Introduce a 5S Process and maintain the plant to the high standard of housekeeping and organisation.
Identify opportunities to improve the performance of the operations through the application of continuous improvement techniques, introducing clear visual management
Recruitment and appraisal of staff under his/her control ensuring a strong team is built focusing on quality in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment
- Organising and motivating competent teams and individuals, whilst developing there their capabilities
- In co-ordination with the Engineering ensure all engineering spares are available as required from stock.
- Ensure with the support of a dedicated polymer lab that the plastics produced are at the highest possible quality and purity.
A Few Things About You
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong and proven record of operational management in a start-up facility, with a demonstrated engineering background.
- Proven record of implementing continuous improvement and 5S activities whilst having the ability to innovate across the working areas.
- Effective and confident communication skills at all levels.
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate and drive others.
- Focus on the detail.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.