A Bit About Us
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
More About the Role
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Plant Processing Manager at our new Plastic Processing Facility and to join a rapidly expanding recycling company. This is a great opportunity to run, grow and manage a world class and state of the art plastic processing facility which separates fridge plastic polymers into their individual components, using specialized sortation techniques.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
You will have overall responsibility for all Operational Plant Processes and site related activities, to ensure optimal performance of all the teams through effective line management and focusing on KPI’s.
You will be monitoring, maintaining and improving, as necessary, the quality of products, volumes and the working environment.
Working closely with the team and Engineering function it will be paramount to maximise up-time of the plant ensuring maximum Operational Productivity and Cost Efficiency.
This role ensures that necessary all HSE Objectives and legal obligations are met.
Here is what you can expect to be doing?
Enforce and maintain the Company Health & Safety Policy, ensuring the health and safety of all employees is a priority, built on strong SSOW.
Meet all compliance and legal requirements, whilst having a clear understanding and adherence to company policies across the team in relation to site operations
Make Training & Development a priority, focusing on promoting multi skilling within the teams
Monitor & maintain key performance indicators (KPI's) ensuring the plant runs cost effectively and to the highest levels of productivity.
Introduce Lean Manufacturing Techniques and a robust 5S Process that will maintain the plant to the highest standard of housekeeping and organisation.
Identify opportunities to improve the performance of the operations through the application of Lean Manufacturing Techniques, introducing clear visual management.
Recruit and appraise staff under his/her control ensuring a strong team is built focusing on quality in everything they do in a safe and clean working environment.
Organise and motivate competent teams and individuals, whilst developing there their capabilities
Ensure with the support of a dedicated polymer lab that the plastics produced are at the highest possible quality and purity.
A Few Things About You
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK permanently and without restrictions. Key knowledge and skills for the Plant Processing Manager:
* Knowledge of sortation techniques desirable.
* Proven record of interrogating process data to make correct operational and quality related decisions.
* Focused on the detail and root cause analysis EG Using 8 Disciplines of Problem Solving (8D), Six Sigma.
* Strong and demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques.
* Knowledge of plastic extrusion techniques or processing desirable but not essential.
* Proven record of operational management preferably in a start-up facility.
* Experience of running technical processing plants.
* Demonstratable experience in managing across shift patterns.
* Demonstrable initiative, showing ownership of operational delivery.
* Acting with confidence, operating well under own direction based on targeted KPI’s.
* Organising and motivating teams and individuals.
* Strong Leadership and People Management skills.
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships quickly.
* A strong tenacious character who is willing to question the status quo.
* Strong employee relations skills.
* Highly motivated, self-sufficient with the ability to motivate and drive others.
* The ability to take on/prioritise own workload.
* Good interpersonal skills, confident in your approach.
* Pro-active and flexible.
* Organised, structured approach to work.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a new venture within an established, growing business, building on the current successes already delivered in a short time within the Operations function.
Education and Qualifications
* Minimum 5 years’ operational experience with at least 3 years at the Operations Manager level or equivalent
* Min HND level education (degree or equivalent, could be through apprenticeship or other pathway) is a must
* Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification
* WAMITAB preferable but not essential
* IOSH Qualified
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.