Operational Team Leader/Supervisor - AO Plastics plant
Location: Telford Recycling
About The Role
The AO Operations team are dedicated to delivering world class recycling services. We operate modern, highly automated recycling plants and we stop at nothing to achieve world class levels of performance.
As an Operations Team Leader you will control a small team of operators to ensure continual operational KPIs are met, and we deliver world class recycled plastics and service to our customers
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We consider ourselves experts in what we do. If you have the desire to become an operational expert in innovative technologies, then we can develop both your management and technical capabilities.
- Run a team of 5-7 people within a continuous processing line, reacting to abnormality
- Leading the team by ensuring that equipment and materials are available and operational capacity and throughput are maximised.
- Ensuring that all processes on site are adhered to and continuously improved, with a particular focus on safety and quality.
- Manage, with support from peers, transportation of goods in and despatches, and ensure that documentation is accurate and complete, and that storage of goods conform to safety and environmental standards.
- Completing risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld, and risk is reduced.
- Updating the production data into dedicated data capture/analysis software
- Contributing to problem solving workshops, providing operational expertise to identify root causes of failures and subsequent improvement activity.
- Attending daily operational review meetings, providing updates on operational performance, live defects, and ongoing improvement work.
- Work Monday-Friday 6-2 / 2-10 rotational with the prospect of going on 24h operation
A Few Things About You
- Strong leadership/engagement experience
- Likes high contact time with team, and works alongside the team when required (FLT training will be given if required)
- Experience working within a processing, manufacturing, or similar environment.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to think logically and decisively to effectively provide solutions
- Ability to work on own initiative or part of a team
- Adheres to the minimum company standard of English language
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 22 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Free lunch once a month
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.