A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
You’ll be joining the Retail Development team…
W’re an exciting bunch, on a mission to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way!
We’re focused on creating the slickest E2E customer journey, and your role will be key to driving this. Working closely with internal teams across the Retail Business, you'll be responsible for highlighting friction, areas for improvement and championing the operational customer journey.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- You’ll need to understand and stay close to every E2E customer journey through testing
- You’ll be creating interactive journey maps to bring customer experiences to life
- You’ll be mapping operational processes and maintaining an up to date bank of process maps
- Supporting the team in maintaining our online customer self serve tool and customer communications, ensuring content is accurate and up to date
- Researching and maintaining a view of competitor propositions and journey
A Few Things About You
Nice to have:
- Background in Customer Experience / Customer Journey
- You need to care. It’s number 1 on the list of importance for us, and the customer is our priority!
- Appetite for process improvement and learning about the wider business, systems and processes
- Great communicator and strong interpersonal skills, able to collaborate and build relationships. You’ll be a key part of a team working with a variety of Stakeholders across the business
- Influencing skills - you’ll need to be able to challenge existing ways of working
- Being innovative and bold in what you do, challenging the norm and offering up new ideas
- An ability to keep up with the fast pace of the business, being open and adaptable to change
- Able to meet deadlines, work efficiently and keep calm under pressure
- Experience of Microsoft Office tools, such as Excel, Powerpoint etc, and the ability to format and present data
- Come to work with a smile - if you enjoy what you do, you do it well!
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.