A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
We are looking for a confident motivated individual with a passion for customer service and a keen eye for detail. Someone who can assist managing our bustling Manchester office, supporting our receptionist and assisting the management team
Reporting into the Site Services Manager and working closely with the Facilities team this is a rewarding and challenging position for someone who is looking to progress their career.
This role will have lots of different elements to it, from Administration and supporting the day to day running of reception to completing tasks which will include; providing assistance with meeting bookings, contractor visit control, access system control, H&S checks and car park management.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Responsible for opening up reception and handing over from overnight security
- Daily H&S walk round, reporting any workplace issues as necessary to Facilities Management/Site Services Manager and updating maintenance logs.
- Liaising with the landlord, with regard to building maintenance and repairs
- Managing contractor visits and remedial repairs ensuring relevant documentation and RAMS are in place
- Managing the PPM Schedule
- Daily liaison with Security, catering and cleaning contractors
- Reception support including lunch cover
- Weekly testing of Fire Alarms, Lifts, Call Points, Emergency Lights and Door Alarms
- Monthly Testing of CCTV, Fire Extinguishers and First Aid boxes
- Desk Assessments
- Support Net 2 access control management
- Assisting with onsite social and business events
- Obtaining quotes and raising purchase orders for ad hoc site supplies
- Supporting the Facilities, Management and Business Continuity Teams
- The go to person for any office/building related queries to ensure the smooth running of the building.
A Few Things About You
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to time manage, and prioritise tasks
- Friendly and welcoming manner
- Confidence to react quickly and make judgement calls
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software including Outlook Diary / Calendar
- Self-motivated and the ability to make things happen
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to recognise and deal with company information with confidentiality and discretion.
- Basic understanding of Health and Safety
- Experience of access control and meeting room booking systems
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.