About The Role
You will work closely with our Outbase Manager, Supervisors, Team leaders and operational staff on a daily basis regarding any employee operational issues and make sure that the warehouse runs smoothly.
Our Nightshift Administrator will ensure that our day-to-day warehouse day operation runs effectively at all times and that the warehouse achieves the objectives and KPI’s set out by the Supervisors. You will provide support in your allocated area of the Outbase in making sure that goods are handled with care and vehicles are unloaded on time, making sure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Ensure that the night shift team remains organised and works safely and effectively within specified processes and follow company procedure
• Continually working towards reducing the damage levels
• Reporting any accidents within Health and Safety guidelines
• Promoting a safe working environment
• Delegating driver work load and allocating tasks to the team, as well as processing all paperwork
• Assisting with the fleet management to ensure that all vehicles remain roadworthy and legislation requirements are met
• Driver packs
• Daily reporting inc. HHT logs, transport logs
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Support with performance on agreed KPI’s
A Few Things About You
You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to deliver objectives professionally but with a smile so that your direct reports are motivated and efficient. You must be smart enough to think on your feet and have a passion to drive the service we deliver for our customers, and be bold enough to be able to cover duties for the shift managers when needed as well as striving to always find ways in which we can improve the way we work.
* Knowledge of the night time operation including the Transhipping processes.
* Experience in leading and motivating a diverse workforce
* Experience of working to tight deadlines
* Understanding of working in an environment with daily fluctuating workloads
* Able to remain calm and focussed under pressure
* Able to solve problems independently
* Able to communicate effectively at all levels
* Organised and methodical
* Responsible and reliable
* PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.