About The Role
As our Nights Routing Manager, you will need to work collaboratively with the Transport team, Outbases, Warehouse and Commercial team every day to make sure that our products go out on time and we have maximised our routing potential to its fullest supporting the current team to make this happen in the smartest way.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As our Night Routing Manager, it is your responsibility to help support the team to maintain an efficient routing model without impacting the service we deliver to our customers. You will route our core fleet on a day-to-day basis and ensure that all routes are maximised. You will do this by;
- Oversee the planning team on nights
- Ensure the planners are maximising routing software efficiencies
- Manage the delivery performance to ensure planning is maximised
- Complete one to one's with planners
- Ensure target fill and ETA’S are reached
- Review the route plans and provide effective feedback to planners
- Work with the operation and finance teams to identify improvements
- Provide training for staff when needed
- Work with the planners to cover holidays and shortfall during busy periods
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
* Routing efficiency, by maximising the routes in the most cost-effective way
* Legal compliance with driver and vehicle load regulations
- An extensive knowledge of automated route planning software.
- Ability to manage and lead a routing team.
- A full understanding of driver regulations.
- Experience of identifying improvements and working to deliver these
- A focus on customer service.
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Excel and Microsoft packages are essential for this role
- Experience of using Roadnet or other routing software is an advantage
A Few Things About You
We want someone who is cares about the promises we make to our customers and is driven to create the best routes for our core/Prem fleet. You need to be smart enough to think on your feet even in a difficult or pressurised environment and be friendly and approachable in order to maintain effective working relationships with all operational departments. We also need someone who is bold enough to work alone and trust their own judgements and be able to justify routing decisions to the business.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.