Night Shift Supervisor
About The Role
Our Night Shift Supervisor will ensure that our warehouse operation always runs smoothly and that each one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be responsible for managing the night operation team, including the warehouse team, and be the main point of contact in the morning for our Drivers.
As our Night Shift Supervisor, you will lead our team of Warehouse Operatives to deliver agreed objectives and KPIs, ensuring that all appliances are carefully loaded and unloaded in first class condition ready to be delivered to our customer’s the next day. You will also ensure that each of our fleet vehicles are roadworthy, legal and compliant whilst also being responsible for the effective management of our team.
- Salary: £26,000 - £27,000
- Hours: 4 on 4 off 7pm- 7am (40.25 hours per week)
- Job Type: Full time and permanent contract
- Location: Junction 19 Industrial Park, Green Lane, Heywood, OL10 1NB
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Check that all vehicles leaving the depot are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Be the onsite Health and Safety representative during the night shift taking accountability for a safe working environment
- Support training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety
- Briefing team daily/weekly on key priorities and workload
- Supervising and working alongside the team, allocating tasks and leading by example
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads
- Complete in-house reports on a daily basis
A Few Things About You
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Understand transport legislation and logistics operation
- Able to build good relationships with people even when under pressure
- Challenge any vehicle issues or damages with our Drivers
- Able to make decisions in the absence of the Depot Manager to drive performance and service
- React quickly to information and be able to solve problems independently
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Competent use of Microsoft, particularly Excel
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
- 24 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Attendance Bonus
- Exclusive Staff Discount
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Expression of wish service
- Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
- Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.