A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Company Overview :
AO World PLC is a FTSE250 business focusing on online electrical retail. AO Retail is the division focused on commercial sales and is the forefront of the business through AO.com. This is as opposed to the supporting divisions AO Logistics, AO Financial Services and AO Recycling.
AO Mobile was acquired by AO World PLC as Mobile Phones Direct (MPD) in December 2018. Previously, MPD was a privately owned, family-run business; it is now a division of a division of AO and in the process of being integrated into the AO Retail environment.
Throughout 2020, there is a significant requirement to upgrade the processes and information systems across the business; the main requirement being better governance and control to PLC standards, plus an intensive amount of management information.
Role Overview :
This role is one of the key roles for the Mobile category at AO. As the mobile business is built on commissions from line-rentals on a monthly basis, the revenues of the business are recognised on an accrued basis and then collected over approximately 2 years. The information coming from the Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) is crucial to understanding contract revenue and ongoing profitability of the category. Therefore, this role is a major finance role which shapes both the governance and control of the balance sheets, but also the commercial assumptions for future contracts.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Specifically, this role will focus on developing and implementing the following workstreams:
1. Month-End postings for all Networks and Other Revenue
2. Network Cash Reconciliations & Forecasting
3. Commercial Pricing Approval
4. Customer Base & Balance Sheet Control
5. External Network Relationships
A Few Things About You
- Experience in a financial control role, with balance sheet responsibility
- Experience in accounts receivable teams
- Experience using accrued or deferred income in contracts
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable dealing with large data sets
- A desire to improve process efficiency and control
- Experience with audit responsibilities
- Audit-trained with ACA qualification history
- Strong stakeholder management skills, including external relationships
- Understanding of telecoms / utility commissions
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience of using Oracle CRM
- Experience of using Microsoft Access
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.