About The Role
As our Multi-Skilled Trailer Technician, you will work closely with our Vehicle Maintenance Manager and our team of Technicians. The successful candidate will ensure that the operation runs smoothly and that each of our vehicles are maintained to the highest standard and comply with current H&S legislations.
This role will be on a 4 day on 4 day off shift pattern working 6:00 - 18:00.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
On a day-to-day basis you can expect to be repairing defective vehicles and trailers using the correct methods of repair. Our fleet includes light commercial, HGV’s, conventional and double decker trailers. You will be required to have a can-do attitude to completing work in a timely fashion and on some occasions independently.
The successful applicant will hold a clean driving licence and come from a commercial vehicle / HGV trailer repair background. Essentially you must be capable of quality work standards and be highly efficient in producing it whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* To repair trailer curtains with rips and tears.
* To repair / replace damaged flooring on HGV trailers.
* General repairs to the HGV trailer fleet
* General maintenance of the AO Logistics fleet - identifying faults, making improvements, keeping accurate records, exceeding demanding quality and safety standards.
* To be aware of and adhere to all necessary company standards and Health and Safety procedures.
* Recording all repairs and parts that have been used.
A Few Things About You
We require a qualified commercial body shop technician, ideally with previous commercial vehicle experience. Your experience as a body shop technician will have been spent working with light commercial vehicles, HGV’s, conventional and double decker trailers.
* Previous commercial vehicle repair experience required including light commercial vehicles and HGV’s.
* The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative, have a thorough approach to your work along with attention to detail, and be courteous, honest and accountable always.
* Understanding of vehicle legislation.
* Full driving licence required
* Relevant welding qualification
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."