About The Role
The Maintenance Handyman will support the AO Facilities team to service and maintain all our sites in Telford.
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be covering all of our sites in Telford, Shropshire.We are growing rapidly and so with that, there will be opportunities to for training and development.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Taking ownership of the Facilities function, carrying out reactive work & PPM's as required
- Arranging approved contractors to come to the site where necessary and overseeing the contractors while they're on-site
- Providing inductions & obtaining/filling out the relevant paperwork
- Operating FLT (Training can be provided)
- Supporting Procurement with moving deliveries to the stores
- Carrying out monthly stocktakes of Maintenance & Facilities stores
- Putting an electronic weekly list together of requirements to complete jobs/top up stores
- General repairs such as minor brickwork, changing/repair light fittings, door and lock repairs.
- Basic joinery
- Maintaining washrooms
- Slab, fencing and landscaping repairs
- Painting and decorating
- Minor plastering tasks
- Installation of office equipment e.g. whiteboards, shelving & desks.
- Cleaning and maintaining of all areas
- · Utilising an electronic CMMS system to log all work and PPM’s.
A Few Things About You
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Highly professional and confident
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Basic joinery (desirable)
- Basic plumbing (desirable)
- Basic electrical (desirable)
- Travel - Driving licence & access to your own vehicle due to site locations.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.