Motion Graphics Designer
About The Role
There's never been a better time to join AO's Creative Studio in Manchester as we continue to drive our brand forward and make sure our environment is one where creatives like you love to be. If you're looking for a role in the city centre where contributions are key, abilities are developed and perspectives always valued, then good news, you've found It!
Rub shoulders with the planners, copywriters, motion graphics artists, designers, photographers, and image specialists who help get the AO name out across TV, radio, web, social and print month in, month out - and make sure there’s fun and rewards along the way.
As a Motion Graphics Designer, you’ll be at the heart of our creative team, helping to produce assets for our website, TV, display advertising, social media channels, and internal comms. You’ll be a driven, highly-creative and experienced individual that’s a master of After Effects and Cinema 4D.
You’ll be involved in every stage of the creative process from conception to delivery. Confident in producing storyboards, high-quality and innovative graphics, and engaging animations, you will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven studio.
Working closely with our design team and copywriters, you will embrace our visual identity and expertly follow brand guidelines.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Participating in creative "kick-off" sessions and working closely with designers, copywriters, and 3D artists to understand project objectives, assisting in the creation of storyboards.
- Collaborating with the other motion graphics designers and wider creative team to constantly push the quality of our content.
- Concepting and executing animated assets for a variety of projects including social media ads, branded video content and TV adverts and producing highly engaging and complex animations
A Few Things About You
We are looking for someone who:
* Has a wide skill set in motion design and animated content
* Demonstrates strong layout, illustration, graphic design, and typography skills
* Possesses a strong ability to translate ideas into animated creative solutions
* Is able to bring pre-designed assets and storyboards to life
* Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills, with experience working within a creative team
* Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multitask effectively, taking accountability for their own work
* Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
* Takes an active interest in advancements in technology and techniques in animation, taking inspiration from industry leaders and encouraging development and collaboration within the team
Essential software skills:
· Adobe After Effects including Trapcode Suite and Optical Flares
· Adobe Illustrator
· Adobe Photoshop
· Microsoft Office
· Cinema 4D (Knowledge of Octane also desirable)
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- £200 annual attendance bonus
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.