A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
A full AO Mobile experience is in the works and will be coming soon, which is why we’re looking for everyday heroes to join our family and help us on this exciting journey.
More About the Role
In the UK mobile team we’re obsessive about our customers and the experience they get with us. Working within our Operations Department, you’ll be responsible for providing timely and insightful analysis, supporting teams from across the business, including the Contact Centre, Fraud and Security and Fulfilment, in order to identify and drive enhancements to not only our customer’s journey, but also our Contact Centre’s ability to deliver the best customer service
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Extract data and build expressions via our CRM along with other external sources, in various formats, then create, develop and distribute meaningful reports that provide actionable insight.
- Present regular business insight updates to the team regarding performance of the operation and teams.
- Supporting other business units with customer related analysis and operational queries.
A Few Things About You
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Understand relational databases and be able to build expressions.
- SQL skills to be to a reasonable standard.
- Experience in business intelligence products.
- Solid business and commercial awareness, with experience in an analytical role.
- Be confident to stand up and present your findings to your peers and senior management team.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics or Business-related discipline.
Why Choose AO?
At AO Mobile, our culture and our way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your Nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of" and we go by that very same motto. To do this, we train and empower each and every AO Mobile’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
We don’t want to be robots! We love for every AO Mobile’er to show their personalities and use them to welcome our customers. We don’t just sit and follow processes; we look for new and innovative ways to provide the best possible service.
Let’s not forget our beautiful office! We work within a small estate, in a lovely converted barn. Amongst many nice and exciting things we have The Park - a great space for us all to relax and take a break. On the subject of breaks, who doesn’t love a tasty snack? We have fancy fridges containing all of the treats we may need to get us through to home time.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of AO mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.