About The Role
This is a great opportunity to join the client and marketplaces team at AO. The online marketplaces aspect of the business is one of the fastest growing areas with plans to launch another several marketplaces in the near future.
This role will be supporting the Marketplaces Manager in the day to day running and growth of our eBay account You will be introduced to various aspects of the account and business as you’ll be involved with running promotions and vouchers, whilst also reviewing and influencing the way we attract new and returning customers. You will play a pivotal role in growing the account and helping support our revenue and exposure goals, this will be done by reviewing the account and spotting opportunities to enhance our operations. You’ll manage the day to day running of our advertising and promotion activity whilst also liaising with wider teams to prepare and address company-wide activity.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Support and optimise activities and measures on marketplaces.
- improve our performance by using the various testing methods, but also developing new projects to support account growth.
- Working with various teams including commercial, trade, promotions, and marketing to support the roll out of new promotional campaigns.
- Apply effective planning and tactical trading activities across each client & marketplace, working collaboratively with Trade and Pricing.
- Research and respond to competitors’ activities on each marketplace
- Regularly review each platform with focus on eBay to ensure content is complete and fully optimised to maximise our visibility in search results.
- Work with the Client & Marketplace Team, being aware of all key promotional events across all platforms, briefing all events into the schedule for the Creative Team to plan.
A Few Things About You
· Experience of working on digital marketplaces (Ebay/Amazon an advantage)
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to manage accounts in an effective way
· Highly organised and able to manage multiple tasks at any one time
· The ability to prioritise work and recognise the importance of your tasks.
· Be data and insight driven
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.