About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Delivery, the Marketing Operations Manager will play a key role in delivering a number of ambitious projects which will involve multiple stakeholders across AO.
Managing the end-to-end delivery of multiple marketing and brand projects including scoping project timelines, planning project resource monitoring and reporting on progress and budgets.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Working across multiple teams, including brand, marketing and trading to help align initiatives and campaigns to deliver more efficient and effective marketing programmes and processes.
· Management of brand project timelines to ensure the project is delivered on time and to budget, whilst maintaining that the number of change requests is kept to a minimum.
· Representing marketing at cross functional project meetings and engaging relevant marketing sub teams at the right time
· Owning the design and management of AO’s seasonal planning process across Trading, Trade Marketing and Marketing teams
· Owning the design and management of AO’s end-to-end marketing activity delivery process, working with wider stakeholders, marketing sub teams and channels teams to constantly review and improve our ways of working
· Be the main point of contact for all stakeholders, whilst ensuring business objectives are understood and followed through to execution
· Keep up-to-date with brand, market and customer trends and be ready to bring your ideas and knowledge to the table for future projects
· Champion the brand internally and externally, ready to challenge when things aren’t right
· Regular communication to stakeholders to ensure they fully understand the status of the project
· Propose solutions when the project meets a stalemate to ensure progress continues
· Work closely with the wider team to provide support where required
· Deliver projects in an agile methodology to allow the stakeholder to review progress at key milestones
· Measure the impact of the project, using customer insights were possible.
A Few Things About You
- You have extensive experience in a client-side brand / marketing role including having led the project management of promotionally led marketing campaigns across multiple departments / teams.
- You have a good working knowledge of marketing communications channels from TV to PPC. You are a strong, persuasive communicator (both verbally and in writing), who can influence and motivate your peers in delivering solutions to a brief
- You are adept in managing marketing project stakeholders (across all levels), providing clear communications, and enabling structured reviews when required
- You can confidently run, document, minute, provide actions, monitor attendance and set agendas for meetings across the marketing projects / campaign workstreams including weekly and daily status sessions
- You work well in cross-functional teams and can adapt your style to facilitate progress
- You are highly organised with the ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- You are agile in your approach and work well under pressure
- You have experience in influencing both colleagues and senior stakeholders
- You have a good understand of a project lifecycle and experienced in leading and delivery of at least 3 large scale projects
- Ability and willingness to travel to other sites / locations as required
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.