A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and ambitious marketing executive to join our growing marketing team, based at our Bolton head office. This role with primarily focus on Social Media but will suit someone who is interested in working across multiple channels and projects.
You’ll be working alongside our media manager to plan and deliver high profile campaigns across our appliances and tech product range, with a focus on organic social and media channels.
With a focus on driving new customers to AO, you’ll be responsible for working with the creative team on concepting content that gets our followers talking, sharing and engaging with the AO brand. However, no two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate will be self-motivated and willing to get stuck in with whatever comes their way whether that’s an Instagram post for #NationalChocolateDay or working on a partnership with Home Mover Boxes. This is an ever-evolving team with opportunities to get involved in a variety projects, so we’re looking for someone who will relish the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Planning and delivering campaigns, primarily focussing on organic social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube)
- To continually build and improve the social channels, ensuring regular content is pushed out
- Maintain and enhance online conversation through creation of engaging content
- Work with the trade/trade marketing teams on ensuring all relevant product and promotions are being promoted
- Researching and staying up to date with new trends and advances within the industry, being the expert within the team.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external agencies as required.
- Work with an in-house creative team to create campaigns bespoke to the platforms.
- Use a test & learn approach to identify and refine the best performing creatives and posts, constantly striving to improve performance.
- Own the reporting for social, completing weekly, monthly and competitor reports as required.
- Reporting on campaigns and identifying improvements or future learnings.
- Opportunity to also work across other marketing channels including paid social, TV, radio, display, and partnerships.
A Few Things About You
- A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate about all things marketing with the desire to be an expert in the field.
- Energetic, creative, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
- Strong attention to detail. A team player who gets stuck in and enjoys working on a variety of projects
- Examples of delivering campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs.
- At least two years’ marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, gained either in-house or at an agency at an account executive level.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.