A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and ambitious media activation executive to join our growing marketing team, based at our Bolton head office.
You’ll be working alongside our media manager to plan and deliver high profile campaigns across our appliances and tech product range, with a focus on activating our sponsorship and media plans.
With a focus on driving new customers to AO, you’ll be responsible for working with a variety of teams and external agencies. From working with our media agency on the latest media schedule, to working with our brand team on a new sponsorship opportunity, no two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate will be self-motivated and willing to get stuck in with whatever comes their way. This is an ever-evolving team with opportunities to get involved in a variety projects, so we’re looking for someone who will relish the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Work closely with our sponsorship & brand team on the activation of our sponsorships and events through marketing.
- Work with the wider marketing team to ensure all sponsorships are fully supported across channels including CRM, Social, Influencers etc.
- Work on building ‘fame’ for AO through sponsorship and media activations
- Work with our media agency on day to day planning and execution of media plans
- Work with creative on the BAU print activity
- Researching and staying up to date with new trends and advances within the industry, being the expert within the team.
- Use a test & learn approach to identify and refine the best performing creatives within media, constantly striving to improve performance.
- Own competitor insights for media channels
A Few Things About You
- At least 2 years’ experience working in communications, sponsorship, marketing and or events.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude, proactive and tenacity to always look for better ways
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate about all things marketing with the desire to be an expert in the field.
- Energetic, creative, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Good organisation skills, creative flair and the confidence to express your ideas.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
- Strong attention to detail. A team player who gets stuck in and enjoys working on a variety of projects
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.