About The Role
Our Learning and Development team are looking for a Management Development Specialist - somebody who is bold and disruptive in the area of driving a high-performance business. Today we have over 500 managers across all areas of our business, both UK and Germany, and as a growing business this will only increase. Working directly with our Management Development Lead and external partners, this role will lead projects, develop and deliver programmes, working front and centre with our Managers across AO Group to become truly awesome.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
· Design and delivery of learning to AO managers across the group to build capability, support career progression and drive high performance
· Development of social collaboration tools and front-line management forums to enhance learning opportunities
· Working independantly and with partners, build learning pathways applying a blended approach that provides a brilliant learning experience
· Continued development and management of the resources for Managers on our digital Learning Hub
· Relationship management with our People Partners, key business stakeholders and external partners
· Project management of new work
· Programme management of ongoing internal and external interventions
· Drive engagement across our manager population through great comms and marketing strategies
A Few Things About You
· A true expert in the space of management development
· Highly credible, with the ability to flex style according to your audience
· A great multi tasker, able to prioritise and with a high level of attention to detail
· Proactive problem solver, resourceful, demonstrates initiative and comfortable working independently.
· Politically savvy, able to navigate across multiple business units and key stakeholder groups
· Great at building and maintaining relationships, especially cross functionally to get things done.
· Comfortable in the use of various technologies for learner engagement, design and delivery (particularly for remote teams)
· Excellent project management skills
· Experience of working in a fast paced, complex environment with multiple stakeholders, across a large audience of Managers.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.