A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are looking for a proactive and highly driven individual to join our exciting and ever-expanding UK Retail Business. You will be the "go-to" Finance contact for all things Supplier Rebates and SOA’s as well as Promotional and Marketing support, working collaboratively alongside the Trading and Commercial teams.
You will be joining an experienced and fast-paced Finance team and will own the Supplier finance journey, from an accounting perspective, from end-to-end. Regular reviews of supplier terms, alongside the Trading team, will enable you to maintain high quality controls surrounding new and existing agreements.
You will be expected to build strong financial and business relationships across the group.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Calculation of accruals for commercial income - SOA, Rebates, Marketing Funds and Promotional support.
• Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliations of the above.
• Analytical review as part of month end reporting packs.
• Monthly KPI reporting to Senior Trading stakeholders.
• Working closely with the FP&A team to update forecasts.
• Maintain robust controls for supplier rebates, including weekly price checks.
• Reconciliation of supplier turnover confirmations.
• End-to-end process review and improvement.
• Audit and statutory reporting requirements.
A Few Things About You
• Part Qualified Accountant studying for ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
• A good degree of knowledge of Excel formulas
• Experience of ownership of Balance Sheet reconciliations
• Strong communication skills that are tailored to varied stakeholders
• Nice to haves:
• Experience using AX 2012, but not essential
• Able to bring a bit of fun to the team!
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.