About The Role
Responsible for all aspects of Finance for vehicles and property in Expert Logistics (Expert) such as Financial Control, Reporting and Management Accounts.
We are focussed on improving our understanding and monitoring of costs in the business. This will be through both improving our processes and digging into the detail of what is going through the ledgers.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Ownership of P&L and Balance sheet categories related to vehicle and property assets
- Interaction with the Commercial Finance Team to pull together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts for assets.
- Analysing WOW forecast variances and weekly / monthly actual to weekly/monthly budget variances with the Commercial team.
- Analysis of cost to identify missing costs, overcharges and opportunities for savings.
- Working with Purchase Ledger team to monitor PO process / invoices to ensure costs are being appropriately captured.
- Ensuring appropriate application of IFRS16 within weekly / monthly actuals and forecasts
- Calculation and posting of month end journals and control account reconciliations
- Updating and reviewing of the daily cash flow forecast
- Provision of key reports to the management of the business
- Provision of information to the tax department / group team
- Ad hoc tasks where required by the FM
- Identify, communicate and deliver process improvements
A Few Things About You
- Take ownership of tasks, demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
- Willing to challenge the status quo, adapt to change and have a 'can do' way of thinking.
- Ability to communicate well and influence various stakeholders across the business
- Acts as a role model for other team members
- Resilience when working to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Experience of working in a similar role and newly qualified or in final stages of studies (CIMA/ACA/ACCA). Desire to further career and develop skills.
- Experience in excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots) and able to effectively deal with large volumes of data.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.