About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician (Fabrication/FLT) to join our Engineering team in Telford. This role is mainly to provide welding and fabrication services, but our department also carries out basic maintenance and repairs to our fleet of Forklift Trucks (FLT). The successful candidate will work on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern on days. If you think this role sounds interesting, please consider the following…
· Are you an experienced and qualified engineer with experience in welding, fabrication, and mechanical maintenance?
· Do you enjoy a different challenge every day, like bringing new ideas to the table and seeing your skills and efforts solve real time problems in the workplace?
· Do you strive to learn new disciplines and better yourself?
· Do you well work on your own or part of a team? If the answer to the questions above is YES, then we want to hear from you!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
The Maintenance Technician (Fabrication/FLT) will provide fabrication and welding services to company facilities as required. Ensuring that all repair, maintenance, and manufacturing work is carried out with the highest regard to safety, to a high standard and in a cost-effective manner. They will also be responsible for servicing and corrective and reactive work to the fleet of forklift trucks on site. Accountabilities:
- To undertake fabrication and welding duties associated with repair & maintenance to plant, vehicles and site infrastructure as planned or directed by site management.
- To plan and deliver corrective and reactive work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised whilst also upholding and exceeding standards of safety ensuring that all work areas are kept tidy by adopting a ‘clean as you go’ approach at all times.
- To ensure the equipment used to undertake welding, fabrication or other service work is in good working order and serviced as required. Must have a solid understanding of all hot work activities and welding accessories.
- To ensure that all plant and equipment on site is modified and improved, as necessary, to maximise equipment availability and performance whilst still achieving output levels required to meet production demands.
- To complete dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld, and risk reduced.
- To be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the highest standard, to complete condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy.
- To undertake assessments of malfunctioning equipment and provide advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making.
- To undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments.
- To update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- To contribute to problem solving workshops, providing engineering expertise to identify root causes of failures and subsequent improvement actions.
- Completing the Planned Maintenance inspections as defined by the site maintenance plan in a safe and effective manner.
- Attending daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects, and ongoing improvement plans.
A Few Things About You
· Experienced and qualified engineer with welding, fabrication, or mechanical bias.
· Ability to provide solutions to real time problems from concept, build to installation.
· High attention to detail with high standards of work.
· Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
· Highly organised and able to plan and prioritise workloads.
· Understanding of safe systems of work. I.e., Plant isolations and safety systems
· Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems.
· Knowledge of CMMS systems.
· Driven and self-motivated.
· Good communicator.
· Ability to work on own initiative or part of a team.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.