Maintenance Technician - Mechanical bias
£40,000 per Year Permanent
Location: Telford - Halesfield
About The Role
We’re looking for a Maintenance Technician, with mechanical bias, to join the on-site engineering team at our Fridge Recycling Facility in Telford.
As AO’s new Maintenance Technician, you will play a massive part in keeping our plant one of the most efficient and advanced in the UK. That means overseeing work to the plant, delivering Planned Maintenance schedules, and getting stuck in with improvement projects to drive the plant’s reliability and keep costs down.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our fully automated fridge recycling plant is the most efficient and advanced in the UK and sets a new standard in recovering metals, plastics, and gases. It processes 100 fridges per hour, 700,000 per year!
No two days are ever the same at AO Recycling, but here’s a taste of what you’ll get up to:
- Work 4on 4off rotational days and nights, 12 hour shifts
- Complete the Planned Maintenance inspections and condition reports in line with the site maintenance plan
- Plan and deliver corrective and reactive work, keeping production downtime to a minimum
- Complete dynamic risk assessments and adopt a ‘clean-as-you-go’ approach to keep our plant super safe
- Keep tabs on any malfunctioning equipment and keep site management in the loop
- Get hands on with engineering project work and play a part in new installations or refurbishments
- Log your daily progress in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Call on your engineering expertise in problem-solving workshops
- Kick off each day with operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects, and ongoing improvement plans
A Few Things About You
We don’t expect you to know everything about our technology and equipment, but it’d be amazing if you’re:
- A qualified engineer with mechanical bias
- Experienced within a similar process, production, or manufacturing environment
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Clued-up on Environmental, Health & Safety regulations, and safe systems of work (e.g. plant isolations and safety systems)
- In the know with proactive maintenance strategies
- Familiar with CMMS systems
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 21 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Free lunch once a month
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership