About The Role
We’re looking for a Maintenance Technician to join the on-site engineering team at our Plastics Recycling Facility in Telford.
As AO’s new Maintenance Technician, you will play a massive part in keeping our plant one of the most efficient and advanced in the UK. That means overseeing work to the plant, delivering Planned Maintenance schedules, and getting stuck in with improvement projects to drive the plant’s reliability and keep costs down.
Our plant sets a new standard in separating mixed fridge plastics. Using sink float separation, colour sortation & electrostatic separation, we turn old fridges into a high-quality recycled polymer. Cool, right?
You'll be mixing it up through the week with a shift pattern of 6am and 2pm starts, Monday to Friday.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
No two days are ever the same at AO Recycling, but here’s a taste of what you’ll get up to:
- Complete the Planned Maintenance inspections and condition reports In line with the site maintenance plan
- Plan and deliver corrective and reactive work, keeping production downtime to a minimum
- Complete dynamic risk assessments and adopt a ‘clean-as-you-go’ approach to keep our plant super safe
- Keep tabs on any malfunctioning equipment and keep site management in the loop
- Get hands on with engineering project work and play a part in new installations or refurbishments
- Log your daily progress in the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Call on your engineering expertise in problem-solving workshops
- Kick off each day with operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects, and ongoing improvement plans
A Few Things About You
We don’t expect you to know everything about our technology and equipment, but it’d be amazing if you’re:
- A qualified engineer with electrical bias
- Experienced within a similar process, production, or manufacturing environment
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Highly organised with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Clued-up on Environmental, Health & Safety regulations, and safe systems of work (e.g. plant isolations and safety systems)
- In the know with proactive maintenance strategies
- Familiar with CMMS systems
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 22 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.