About The Role
The AO Engineering team are dedicated to delivering world class maintenance and engineering services. We operate modern, highly automated recycling plants and we stop at nothing to achieve world class levels of performance.
As a Maintenance Engineer (TBC) you will be trained in the principles of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and provide planned, predictive, corrective and reactive maintenance services at site level. You will support the site with all upgrades, optimisations and installation work and contribute to problem solving and the site continuous improvement programme.
We consider ourselves experts in what we do, If you are not an expert in some of our technology then we will make you one through our training and development programme.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Completing planned maintenance inspections as defined by the site maintenance plans in a safe and effective manner.
· Delivering corrective and reactive work, ensuring that tools, parts and materials are available and production downtime is minimised.
· Ensuring that all plant and equipment on site is modified and continuously improved.
· Completing fault finding and assessments of malfunctioning equipment and providing advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making.
· Carrying out engineering project work and assisting with new installations or refurbishments.
· Completing dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld and risk is reduced.
· Updating the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), raining and signing of work.
· Contributing to problem solving workshops, providing engineering expertise to identify root causes of failures and subsequent improvement activity.
· Attending daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects, and ongoing improvement work.
A Few Things About You
Completed apprenticeship (NVQ Level 3) in an appropriate engineering discipline.
· NVQ Level 3 in Electro-technical Installations or equivalent discipline
· City & Guilds 2365-2 (Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Or equivalent)
· C&G 2382-18 18TH edition
· Experience working within a processing, manufacturing, or similar environment.
Good communication skills
· Ability to think logically and decisively to effectively provide engineering solutions.
· Ability to work on own initiative or
· part of a team
· Excellent diagnostic skills
· Adheres to the minimum company standard of English language
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.