About The Role
· Perform the day-to-day delivery of maintenance tasks, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance to achieve site optimization. Ensure that all housekeeping issues are assessed and dealt with.
· Always adopt a Hands-on approach to enable maximum efficiency during shift.
· Provide effective and efficient support to the Engineering Manager, Assistant Engineering Manager, Shift Team Leader and overall site.
· Provide first line technical support for all engineering issues within the site.
· To ensure that the customer is provided with engineering maintenance to a defined level, that is delivered by a competent engineering workforce in a cost-effective manner.
· To assist with the delivery of maintenance operating procedures and complete system administration to ensure the integrity/continuity of site assets and maintenance management systems.
· Respond to the root cause of automation faults / overall site breakdowns and provide corrective actions to meet operational processing objectives
· Implement site updates and modifications to ensure the correct configuration and reliability of all site assets, in a timely manner as directed by the Shift Team Leaders.
· Assist in the risk assessment process and adhere to Engineering Safe Systems of Work, maintaining a safe working environment and utilising correct tools and PPE for the job.
· Pro-actively embrace and contribute to relevant Quality and Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
· Ensure the effective provision of all site spares, including the recording of usage, through the company CMMS "UPKEEP"
· Embrace diversity policy with regard to challenging unacceptable behaviour, bullying and harassment, by respecting and actively team-working with colleagues, operators, team leaders and managers.
· Provide a pro-active and flexible approach to new equipment, systems and ways of working.
· Contribute fully to individual performance reviews and development discussions on a regular basis; maintain personal development records as necessary.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
1. You will be expected to adhere to and will also be measured against the AO Values. You will always approach your work and colleagues with the right attitude.
- Assist with the delivery of maintenance services, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance, and performance improvement for site assets observing work plan compliance to achieve equipment and site optimisation.
- Fault finding, both mechanical breakdowns and recycling equipment and FLT.
- Hold a good level of welding and fabrication skills arc, MiG. (Coded not required)
- Adhere to adequate PPE requirements depending on job and site location.
- Compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures, works instructions and safe systems of work are mandatory
- Ensure that levels of housekeeping are maintained
- Update Company CCMS "UPKEEP"
- Deploy an efficient communication within the shift to maintain department’s performance and continuity.
- Work as part of the team helping to drive and achieve efficiency and productivity across the site.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.