About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are committed to extracting as much value as possible from the waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) that is thrown away by UK households every year. Like the rest of the AO Group, we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company to work for. The role will be located at our plant in Telford, Shropshire, which uses state of the art technology and is able to process more items, more efficiently than any other site in the UK.
We are growing rapidly and so with that, opportunities to develop and try new approaches become aplenty. If you are an energetic, hands on, innovative professional, this is the environment for you. We are part of a bigger group and with that backing comes stability and support for our business. And it is always worth remembering - we run a profitable business whilst doing the right thing for the environment.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Assist with the delivery of maintenance services, specifically preventative / predictive / corrective / reactive maintenance, and performance improvement for site assets observing work plan compliance to achieve equipment and site optimisation.
* Fault finding, both electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
* Ensure that levels of housekeeping are maintained.
* Use our Upkeep CMMS system
* Deploy an efficient communication within the shift to maintain department’s performance and continuity.
* Work as part of the team helping to drive and achieve efficiency and productivity across the site.
* Provide effective and efficient support to the Shift Team Leader by logging faults and entering the correct data into Upkeep.
* Adhere to all risk assessment processes relating to site equipment and ensure Engineering Safe Systems of Work are executed.
* Maintain stock levels through the extensive use of Upkeep
* Recognise and add to individual’s strengths and weaknesses within the team in order to maintain team performance.
* Assist with ensuring that the site has optimum cover at all time with a flexible approach.
* Be willing to take part on continued training, enabling you to learn about our latest technology and share your knowledge.
* Any other existing or new tasks needed to meet the business operation’s requirements / objectives that are in keeping with post-holders skills and training, primarily, but not solely, in an engineering capacity.
A Few Things About You
* Ability to work 4 on / 4 off shifts in a 24/7 environment
* Level 3 Multi-skilled /Electrically biased maintenance engineer BTEC/NVQ/C&G Level 3 in a relevant engineering discipline.
* Experience of automated plant equipment
* Experience of working in an operational engineering role
* Ability to work on their own or as part of a team
* Able to work overtime, if required
* Excellent IT and communication skills
* Flexible approach
* Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Conveyor & gaseous systems experience
* 18th Edition
* Some PLC experience
* Familiar with IT based maintenance management systems
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 20 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.