A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
You will work alongside teams that work together to support and complete our operational business as well as regular contact with colleagues and managers at all levels. During your apprenticeship you will gain an understanding of how our company values translate into daily working life whilst completing a rotational schedule over a two year period with the following teams;
- Warehouse, including the innovations team
- Inventory and Goods In
- Contact centre
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As your Knowledge and understanding grows, you will support our business and be part of newly generated ideas to improve and maintain efficiency and functions.
- You will develop thorough understanding of all business areas
- Gain an insight into leading teams the AO way including shift planning, teams briefs and handling
- A thorough understanding of transport legislations
- Support Senior manager in making important operational decisions
- Support with ad-hoc projects
- Successfully completion of a Level 3 or 4 qualification in Leadership and Management
A Few Things About You
You will be approachable and have a friendly personality. The ability to priorities tasks and workloads whilst displaying organisational skills is essential. You will have a caring approach to improvements across the business and have the resilience to constantly find the best way in which to carry out any tasks. Being bold enough to demonstrate a proactive approach with the ability to work under pressure and deliver smart objectives with a smile on your face is needed. As a driven member of our operational team you will support or function as we constantly work to improve our efficiency and deliver the best possible journey for our customers. Building and maintaining working relationships will be an integral part of this role. Someone who displays are values in everyday working lifer throughout their apprenticeship will make an excellent addition to our ao family.
- A keen desire to work in a logistics or transport setting
- Thrives on being part of activities throughout education
- Experience of a working environment is desired
You will demonstrate the following skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient on Excel and Work
- Organised and able to work on own Initiative
- Effective communication
- Methodical and timely
- Able to build and maintain relationship with colleagues and peers.
- Basic education level of 5 grade C/4 or above (Mandatory)
- Studied/studying towards A/AS Level, NVQ or BTEC qualification.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO-way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.