A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
- The basic salary for the role is £18,000 with an uncapped commission structure. Realistic OTE of £22,000 with top earners taking home £25,000.
- Defined career path as 80% of our Sales Managers have been internally promoted from within the Sales team.
- You will be supported by our comprehensive sales & live chat induction and ongoing training with our Sales Trainer / wider team.
- Benefit from regular in house training to further develop sales technique.
- Contributing in regular team building sessions.
- Exciting atmosphere, dynamic fast paced sales office.
- Company nights out and awards evenings to recognise and reward performance.
- Modern, vibrant state of the art offices with amazing facilities based in Horwich, Bolton.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As an Inbound Sales / Online Sales Executive you will be building relationships, understanding customer needs, generating hot leads and helping customers buy on our website.
- Adopting a consultative approach to the sales process through Live Chat
- Qualifying customers for calls as lead generators for our Outbound team
- Sharing best practice with colleagues
- Contributing in regular team building sessions
- Benefiting from regular in house training to further develop sales technique
A Few Things About You
- Previous Customer Service / Sales / Live Chat experience is preferred
- Experience of working in a target driven sales role is an advantage
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work as a team
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.