Learning & Development Lead
About The Role
Learning & Development is all about creating the right culture and environment to learn and grow. And here at AO, we use a range of innovative approaches to make sure every single one of our AOers can reach their full potential.
As one of our Learning and Development Leads, you’ll be leading a team of Learning Specialists to create, define and shape L&D solutions. Partnering closely with our customer service and sales department, you’ll develop a strategy that gets all of our new AOers get off to a flying start, and will help see it through the rest of their career with us. Easy-peasy, right?
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Work with stakeholders in our contact centre to create learning and development programmes, particularly for new starters in that part of the business
- Collaborate with a range of people in AO to design and implement future talent development strategy and solutions
- Manage our ‘We Are AO - welcome event’, making sure that the content’s engaging and regularly updated
- Develop a full curriculum of learning for our contact centre (within a defined budget) that aligns with current and future skill requirements
- Produce MI reports on a regular basis showing the link between learning and business results
- Lead your team to design and deliver learning initiatives across the business, acting as a subject matter expert and inspiring others
A Few Things About You
- Previous experience in a senior Learning & Development role
- Great knowledge of full cycle learning design, learning pathways and skill development
- An expert trainer and facilitator of learning events
- Confidence managing and coaching a small team
- Strong stakeholder management skills, both within a People/HR function and across wider business areas
- Experience building L&D plans, in partnership with the business, looking at least 12 months in the future and activating with the support of your team
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.