About The Role
Here at AO we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Employee Relations Advisor to join us here as a Lead. As our Lead Employee Relations Advisor, you'll service AO as a whole, therefore, there may be some travel required to various locations of stakeholders. The purpose of the role is to drive a brilliant People Experience in all things ER. You'll be at the heart of the ER service striving for excellence while providing robust and challenging advice to AO’s leaders, managers, and employees.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Coordinate the Manager Advice Line (MAL) and distribute the work received through the team’s mailbox.
- Act as the first point of contact and initial escalation for queries from ER Advisors, whilst carrying out first-line assurance of ER casework, paying particular focus on cases that carry heightened risk.
- Manage own caseload of ER matters within remit from inception to completion; provide advice on issues around HR Policy and procedures, collective and individual consultation, and general employee relations and change management matters.
- Prepare and coach managers on managing poor performance, probations, conducting investigations, preparing documentation, and running a variety of formal meetings
- Actively build internal and external networks to maintain up-to-date knowledge, have a great understanding of best practices, and readily share ideas with the team.
A Few Things About You
- In-depth application of UK employment legislation, including discipline, grievance, and appeals.
- Understanding of Employment Tribunals, TUPE, and redundancy and the commercial awareness to identify risk identification.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to meet tight conflicting deadlines and manage the Team’s casework priorities and workload.
- Strong communication skills, ability to influence at all levels in a business including at a senior management level.
- Ability to challenge, build credibility and work with integrity to influence change within a very commercially focused fast-moving business.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.