About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to AO.com’s unique way of managing marketing relationships with manufacturer partners. Working with our tech partners from Samsung to Microsoft; you will work with your line manager to support the execution, delivery and reporting of joint campaigns and initiatives.
Working within the marketing team, you will support a trade marketing account manager to deliver successful marketing campaigns. The role is fast paced working with numerous brands on a daily basis and delivering multiple campaigns at one time. You will work with our internal and external stake holders to manage projects from end to end. Organisation, efficiency and great communication skill are key to success within the role.
Internal relationship building, excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail will be required.
You will need to be organised working on multiple projects at one time dealing with different brands and meeting deadlines.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Develop an understanding of our partner brands’ strategic objectives, key USPs, technologies and products, as well as an understanding of how they relate to other products and brands within the marketplace.
- Help to execute a calendar of marketing activities, taking into account trading objectives, seasonality and manufacturer advertising campaigns. Writing and communicating briefs to the wider team
- Work with our account management team to deliver multi-channel campaigns and lead small campaign delivery. Coordinating all aspects from briefing and securing funding, through production, to release notes, reporting and invoicing on time
- Provide creative feedback effectively and work with other in-house teams to action amends gathered across key stake holders.
- Manage smaller accounts and support your line manager on strategic partnerships
- Attending weekly manufacturer calls and helping to support on external pitches and business updates
- Demonstrate an understanding and appropriate application of digital marketing principles across acquisition, conversion and customer retention
- Continuously measure and report on campaign performance, challenge the status quo and deliver regular updates to your manager on performance and idea generation
A Few Things About You
- Marketing or related degree would be beneficial
- Excellent relationship builder with an ability to communicate to across wider teams
- Enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in. Keen to get involved in as much as possible to learn from others.
- Passion for digital marketing
- Drive and can do attitude
- Organised with an eye for detail
- "Let’s go" spirit and willingness to develop professionally.
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.