A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Sound Designer to become an integral part of the multimedia team as we continue to expand. This role would really suit a Junior Sound Designer looking to kick start their career and join an extremely fast paced and rapidly growing business! Please include links to your portfolio / showreel on your CV to support your application as we are unable to consider applications without this!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- You will be part of a small vide production team mainly producing clear and high quality mixdowns for the team to use on 3D product videos
- You will help create, update, maintain, and add to sample and sound libraries
- Working to tight deadlines to deliver content to the team; providing accurate updates on work in progress as you record, layer and produce sounds/sound effect and edit voice overs for the desired impact
- Recording voice overs
- Working with the video team on location as sound recordist when required
A Few Things About You
- Possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is able to work under pressure to deadlines and multi task effectively, taking accountability for your own work
- Obsesses about the detail and has a huge passion for delivering quality work
- Has a knack for problem solving and technical thinking skills
- TECHNICAL SKILLS - Essential
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Audition, Pro-Tools,
- Experience using third party plug-ins and audio delivery standards.
- Basic studio setup and recording techniques
- Field recording experience is good to have but can be given
- Willingness to travel if required for on site recording if needed.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.