About The Role
At AO Recycling, we are learning more about our business every day, and we are looking for someone to lead the charge in the field of data gathering, analysis and business change.
As a business we are on an ambitious journey, tearing up the rule book on recycling, and doing things the AO Way. We need equally ambitious people to join our quest and grow with the business, unafraid to take bold steps and make smart decisions!
Working closely with business functions across the group, we need you to analyse, identify and drive improvements and enhancements in a range of Operational functions, in order to make AO Recycling’s proposition and platform the best in Europe.
This will require you to leverage not only your own skills, but those of the wider AO family, both in Telford, and our HQ in Bolton.
In addition to the ‘standard’ duties you would expect from a BA position, we are also looking for someone to take the initiative and to understand how the business operates and functions.
We are looking for someone who is inquisitive by nature, works in a controlled and organised way, is adaptable to new challenges and is enthusiastic about identifying and presenting the most efficient solutions.
You will be part of Business Analyst community that will help to guide and support you in your progression. Your role will involve analysing, understanding, documenting objectives and requirements of business stakeholders. You will be confident in communicating any changes in priorities to the development team, supporting them to proceed at a faster pace, by making decisions based on accurate and well-understood data.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Invest quality time with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business from the people who know it best!
- Produce detailed and accurate process and requirements documentation
- Build close working relationships with selected third parties.
- Report to the IT Project Manager, with a dotted line into AO.com Project Management Teams.
- Develop skills to autonomously manage small and medium sized projects.
- Lead requirement gathering workshops; eliciting, documenting, and validating these requirements, and
- Create as Is and to be processing mapping and use case documentation.
- Be an active contributor to daily stand ups, sprint planning, project prioritisation, resource mapping and HLE’s.
- Create test scripts, UAT processes and acceptance criteria.
- Complete detailed analysis (of large and complex data sets) down to granular level, identifying trends, and develop clear and accurate specifications.
- Seamlessly transition between discussions around operational processes and customer outcomes to technical feasibility and implementation.
- Create innovative solutions, challenge the status-quo, and drive continuous improvement, being the catalyst for change.
A Few Things About You
- You might not know all the lingo in the job spec but if you are curious to learn then we are happy to teach.
- Good to strong knowledge of IT systems including Cloud Services, API End Points, Networking, Databases and Database design.
- Power BI, or SQL Knowledge, would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Power Apps and Power Automate Knowledge would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Good to strong knowledge of MS office package including Excel, Visio, and MS Project.
- Adaptable and able to support a development team to deal with 'in-flight' change.
- Understanding of how projects work and be able to manage your time effectively.
- An understanding of analysis techniques including awareness of impact analysis, user interaction design, system interactions, data flow and process mapping.
- Be able to take a problem and visualise it to the wider business in a form which is easy to understand and talk about.
- An appreciation of how things work technically with the aim of facilitating conversations either with the development teams or non-technical stakeholders.
- Travel between our sites will be required.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.