Junior IT Business Analyst
Location: Telford - Halesfield
About The Role
It’s no secret that AO.com is the most trusted electrical retailer in the UK… But did you know, we’re also one of the UK’s biggest recyclers of fridges and other Large Domestic Appliances (LDAs)? We turn old fridges, washing machines, tumble dryers and dishwashers into valuable resources.
Here at AO Recycling, we’re learning more about our business every single day. So we’re looking for someone to come on board and lead the way with data gathering, analysis, and business change. You’ll be analyzing, identifying and driving improvements across a range of operational functions.
Supported by our experts in Telford, as well as those in the wider AO family, you’ll be part of a mature Business Analyst community that’s passionate about progression. We’ll look to you to create innovative solutions, challenge the status quo and be the catalyst for change.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Work in a shared office environment 5 days a week
- Speak to a range of stakeholders within our Recycling business to understand their world and capture their data needs
- Lead requirement gathering workshops with stakeholders to document and validate their requirements
- Look at large and complex data sets and provide a detailed analysis spotting any trends
- Manage a range of exciting small to medium sized projects
- Act as the bridge between product owners, stakeholders, and development teams - communicating both sides of the projects such as operational processes as well as technical feasibility
- Create process maps, case documentation, test scripts, UAT processes and acceptance criteria
Personal development is really important to us here at AO, so you can be sure that you’ll be set up for success in this role. You’ll work directly with our experienced Senior IT Projects Manager who will coach and develop you closely. You’ll also get lots of exposure to everyone in Recycling (and the wider AO business) from being on-site. Alongside this, a wide range of training courses are available for you to further develop your skills and sky-rocket your career.
A Few Things About You
- Degree (minimum 2:1)
- Previous experience working in a Business Analyst role, or similar would be an advantage
- Knowledge of IT systems including Cloud Services (AWS, Azure), API End Points, Networking, Databases, and Database design
- Knowledge of MS Office packages such as Excel, Visio and MS Project
- An understanding of analysis techniques such as impact analysis, user & system interaction, data flows and process mapping
- The ability to take something technical and translate it to a non-technical audience so it’s easy to understand and talk about
- A keen eye for problem solving and putting the customer first
- Great organisation and project management skills
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
• 25 days holiday
• Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
• Free lunch once a month
• Pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programmes
• Career progression