Junior HR Advisor
£26,000 per Year Permanent
About The Role
We are looking for someone who is ready to improve their HR skills, take on a new challenge and is keen to learn. Our new Junior Advisor will support the Employee Relations (ER) team with casework, including disciplinaries, grievances and appeals. You will take notes, issue invites and outcome letters, give advice to managers across the group and learn lots along the way.
The team are on a mission to improve practices, make processes more efficient and ensure managers are making fair and ethical decisions. We are a small team with a variety of different skill sets but roll our sleeves up to get things done working together to achieve greatness.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As a Junior HR Advisor, you will be supporting our manager advice line taking calls across the group and providing plus documenting any advice given alongside responding to any queries in the ER ticket system. You could get a query from a manager in Logistics, or you could speak to one of our Contact Centre managers in retails, the job will be varied, challenging, and rewarding. You will be completing admin tasks such as issuing meeting invite letters, taking notes and supporting with drafting out outcome letters from cases.
We know we work better when we are together, so all our AO’ers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, were more creative, give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do. You'll be joining a small collaborative team who support each other to deliver a brilliant service to managers and AOers. If you want to be part of this, get in touch no to find out more.
A Few Things About You
- Communication skills- Strong written work and great verbal communication
- Great attention to details
- Needs to be efficient.
- Ability to work in a challenging, exciting, and fast paced environment.
- Desire to learn and develop.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Self-motivates, pro-active and flexible.
- Background in ER/HR desirable but not essential
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 33 days holidays
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Matched pension - contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Help @ Hand scheme - virtual GP, mental health support, physiotherapy etc
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Chance to win tickets to AO arena each month
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.