Junior Email Developer
About The Role
Here at AO, our CRM team are a bunch of talented people who all share a passion for the customer lifecycle and are responsible for the operational set up and delivery of all multi-channel campaigns required to execute our market leading, customer-centric CRM programme.
As a budding Junior Email Developer, you will work with a team of passionate email developers and will be using HTML and CSS to build and maintain responsive and accessible email templates ensuring they are up to current email best practices.
We know we work better when we're together, so all our AO’ers come into the office Monday-Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Building and maintaining responsive and accessible email templates ensuring they are up to current email best practices
- Maintain and build new blocks within drag and drop email templates for the use of the wider CRM team
- Test emails and troubleshoot rendering issues across various browsers, email clients and devices
- Perform QA across the CRM team
- Liaising with the ESP support team to ensure platform issues/requirements are raised and resolved
- Maintaining awareness of email design and development trends to drive innovation
A Few Things About You
- Knowledge of email-based coding languages such as HTML/CSS
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, XD and Dreamweaver desirable
- Eager to learn and develop new skills quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and QA skills
- Ability to work to set targets and deadlines
- Previous experience with our preferred platform Emarsys would be desirable
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.