A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
AO Business is at the start of its journey, with growth ambitions to rival that of the retail business. The successful candidate can be an important part of that journey.
In the Commercial team we report on sales, profitability and other indicators that are key to assess AO Business performance. We create dashboards and reports for the division and work closely with other teams in order to find ways to improve our performance and be able to offer the best customer service in the industry.
We’re looking for someone who’s inquisitive by nature, driven to source accurate data and is passionate about identifying and presenting the most efficient solutions, whilst having the customer’s best interests at the forefront of their mind.
We are interested in candidates willing to learn and go the extra mile. That’s why we are happy to fund CIMA qualification for top performers
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Provide timely and accurate reporting, analyse performance to suggest improved ways of working.
- Calculate the impact and keep track of all the economic support received from suppliers in order to provide an accurate view of margin performance. Update the daily and weekly reports to include all the adjustments to margin that are live and link with other teams in order to get the details of new adjustments.
- Analyse large and complex data sets to identify areas of improvement and then driving these project ideas through to completion.
- Analyse sales and profitability, making recommendations.
- Actively engage with other business units to support them with analysis and operational queries.
- Use SQL to dig into data to automate and improve reporting provided to the B2B department.
A Few Things About You
- Degree within a relevant field or relevant experience in a similar role
- Highly numerate and logical
- Attention to detail
- Results driven and ambitious
- Proficient in excel (formulas & pivot tables)
- SQL skills would be advantageous but not essential
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.