A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
You will be planning, sourcing and managing a defined range of branded products in-line with market trends and company objectives. Collaborating across multiple departments both internally and externally achieving mutually agreed targets.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Maximising sales & profit margin for defined categories
- Negotiating product support in a fluctuating market
- Optimising products against competition whilst maintaining profitability
- Analysing & reporting sales figures
- Building, sourcing and implementing trading ranges from key branded suppliers
- Delivering competitive and market leading deals/promotions at key periods
- Tracking and reacting to competitor activity, whilst monitoring market fluctuations and trends
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key manufactures & suppliers
- Briefing content requirements into Trade Marketing
- Working cross-departmentally to deliver best strategy
- Working with Supply Chain to maintain supplier forecasting and intake plans
- Negotiating incremental marketing funds from suppliers
- Managing the process for raising income with suppliers, monitoring & reconciling with Commercial Finance
A Few Things About You
- 1 year minimum experience of buying within retail and e-commerce
- Organised with a high attention to detail
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven
- Analytical understanding of numbers
- Ability to successfully negotiate trading and extended ranges
- Ability to successfully negotiate incremental marketing funds
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment achieving set budgets and deadlines
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to an exceptional standard
- Ability to communicate and present results clearly and concisely
- Commercial awareness
- Supplier management - strong professional relationships with all Account Managers
- Confident in communicating and presenting
- Excellent in relationship building internally and externally across levels
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.