A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Working collaboratively with our passionate in-house IT, Planning & Strategy Teams, you will support our agile development teams in understanding business requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in planning, implementing and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment.
You will be part of a mature Business Analyst community that will help to guide and support you in your progression. Your role will involve analysing, understanding, documenting objectives and requirements of business stakeholders. You will be confident in communicating any changes in priorities to the development team, supporting them to proceed at a faster pace, by making decisions based on accurate and well-understood data.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Gather and understand business requirements using appropriate techniques such as workshops, observations and stakeholder interviews, with minimal support.
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate user stories including acceptance criteria detailing customer or user interactions, with minimal support.
- Create appropriate documentation such as simple process flows and wireframes / sketches, to support conversations with both development teams and stakeholders.
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support the business in maximising benefit from projects in an environment of continual change.
- Work closely with the business in understanding relative priority of requirements.
- Add to and help maintain a prioritised backlog, working closely with stakeholders and development teams to input value into the backlog.
- Prepare and facilitate sprint activities within a single development team such as sprint planning, daily stand ups, backlog refinement, retrospectives and 3-amigo sessions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business analysts and the project manager to understand and document project scope and highlight key dependencies.
- Be the main point of contact for the development team and stakeholders for your product domain, including rollout support
- Provide support and guidance to the business when work is undergoing acceptance (UAT).
- Help facilitate post live reviews to measure the success of a project or a deliverable, to understand value for future "lessons learnt" and strategic planning.
- Part of a mature BA community which will not only support you individually on a professional level, but on a personal level as well.
- Be provided with a mentor who will work with you to help understand and develop what is important to you, in regards to both your personal and professional development.
A Few Things About You
You might not know all the lingo in the job spec but if you’re curious to learn then we are happy to teach.
- You will be driven and self-motivated with a strong ‘can do’ attitude in a fast paced environment.
- You will be adaptable and able to support a development team to deal with 'in-flight' change.
- You will have an understanding of how projects work and be able to manage your time effectively
- You will be credible & reliable, and able to interact confidently with a wide range of people at all levels, internally and externally.
- You will have some experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- You will have an understanding of analysis techniques including awareness of impact analysis, user interaction design, system interactions, data flow and process mapping.
- You will need to have a level of commercial awareness with the ability to analyse the business benefit against the effort required when reviewing new project requests, to feed into the overall strategy.
- A sound understanding of agile development methodologies such as SCRUM / KANBAN would be advantageous.
- Be able to take a problem and visualise it to the wider business in a form which is easy to understand and talk about.
- An appreciation of how things work technically with the aim of facilitating conversations either with the development teams or non-technical stakeholders.
- Travel between our sites will be required.
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.