A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Multimedia is a crucial part of our customers' journey and with that in mind we’re expanding our 3D team to ensure that our customers receive the most engaging and creative content out there! We’re looking for enthusiastic and talented junior 3D Modeller to become an integral part of the multimedia team. Working on our online content you will apply your creative and technical art skills, using reference photography to generate animation ready models - paying particular attention to realism, poly count and edgeflow.
Must include portfolio!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Use artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG models
- Participate as a team member in determining various technical solutions
- Work to meet defined milestones within a timeline
- Attend dailies and participate in problem solving
- Assist with development of junior artists
A Few Things About You
- You will either have a BA in Computer Art, Animation or VFX, experience in a related role or proven artistic ability in a non-CG field (impressive portfolio of figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.) and an huge enthusiasm for the role
- High-level of problem solving or technical thinking skills
- Strong high and low poly modelling experience
- Experienced in C4D, 3dsmax, Maya or similar
- Strong Photoshop skill
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.